New Trainee Asbestos Surveyor – Pete McDonald
In line with company policy of providing opportunity and training for staff undertaking all job roles, Casa Environmental Services are delighted to have recently welcomed Pete McDonald into the role of Trainee Asbestos Surveyor.
Pete now faces a long process of mentoring, training and auditing to ensure he is ready to sit the BOHS P402 exam.
What Does the P402 Exam Involve?
What is the objective?
To provide candidates with the background knowledge and practical skills in surveying buildings for asbestos, the assessment of asbestos-containing materials, and to provide general guidance on management procedures necessary to minimise exposure to any identified asbestos.
Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for:
– Asbestos surveyors, or managers of surveyors and surveying teams.
– Asbestos re-inspectors, or anyone that undertakes asbestos re-inspections.
– Those who require a detailed understanding of asbestos surveying principles (e.g. asbestos report writers, architects, building surveyors etc.)
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates are expected to have:
– A basic awareness of the contents of HSG264 Asbestos: The Survey Guide
– A minimum of six months’ practical field work experience in carrying out asbestos surveys, involving identification, sampling and assessment of asbestos-containing materials.
What are the main subject areas?
– Legislative requirements.
– Asbestos in buildings.
– Risk assessments and management of asbestos.
– Bulk sampling and personal decontamination.
– Practical work.
How long does the P402 Course take?
Normally 3 days.
Pete will be working out of the Bristol branch of Casa where he will become a valuable asset in supporting the team to deal with an ever increasing workload.
We are very excited to welcome Pete to the team and wish him the best of luck with his training.
If you are interested in a Career in the Asbestos Industry, visit our Careers page here.