COVID-19: How we are proposing to safeguard our customers and employees
As the Coronavirus outbreak continues to evolve at pace, it is vital that we take precautionary safety measures to keep our customers and employees safe and to do our part to reduce the spread of the virus.
How we’re safeguarding our staff & clients
Employees of Casa Environmental Services are being encouraged to take all reasonable steps to reduce the risk of spreading the illness whilst continuing to undertake their day to day duties, this includes the following:
- We are committed to educating our staff and updating them with the latest information that is available regarding the pandemic.
- Employees of Casa Environmental Services who think they have been in contact with somebody who has COVID-19, or believe that they have contracted the virus must report this to senior managers immediately, and follow the current advice published by the government.
- No unauthorised persons are allowed to enter our premises. Signage has been placed on the entrances to Casa premises, asking visitors not to enter & that deliveries of samples and other items are taken at the door. This includes site based staff. A sample drop off system has been agreed to ensure non-office based staff do not enter.
- Clients & tenants are being contacted to establish any health worries, ensuring it is safe for our surveyors to enter & carry out their duties. For appointments booked before and since the outbreak of the pandemic, phone calls are being made on the day of the appointments to establish the current situation with regards to accessing site and meeting with client contacts. This will enable us to establish whether our social housing residents and our clients site based contacts are well and safe to be around.
- Whilst conducting surveys, our surveyors are to wear coveralls & disposable gloves. Ensuring these are disposed of after each survey, this is particularly important when conducting domestic surveys.
- Staff have been reminded to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve if necessary (not hands) when coughing or sneezing and to ensure that when coughing or sneezing into a tissue, make sure the tissue is disposed of immediately.
- Staff must NOT consume food or drink prior to washing their hands.
- Staff must NOT accept food or drinks from tenants or clients.
- Staff must try to avoid close and physical contact with clients & tenants, this includes shaking hands when greeting people.
- Where possible, staff must wash hands as frequently as they can. If hand washing facilities are not available, use hand sanitiser or sanitising wipes.
- Staff must avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth with their hands if they are unclean.
- If you suspect the occupant of a property or site to have contracted COVID-19, surveyors have been told to politely explain that they will be unable to conduct the survey & that the appointment will be reorganised for a more appropriate date.
- Non-critical meetings will be cancelled and if necessary can be held as video conference calls or alternatively be rescheduled.
Company plan of action
Casa have been in contact with our clients and social housing contract managers to agree a plan of action which will allow us to assess the risk on a property to property or site by site basis. There are options to cancel & reschedule all booked appointments to limit risk, or even to call site liaisons to assess the risk individually.
Please be assured that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is paramount & we will provide updates of any changes to our COVID-19 safeguarding policy.
In accordance with government advice, we will continue to operate as usual whilst ensuring there is no impact on the speed and quality of the service that we provide.
If you wish to speak to a member of our senior management team to find out more about the safety precautions we are taking, please call 0117 9322323.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during this difficult time.
Useful links for further information
The following links provide useful information regarding the Coronavirus & advice from the Government and the NHS:
NHS Overview – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Government guidance, including information & advice – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Government Action Plan – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan